re:Re: DML:Still NO START! - Need Help

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 08:30:24 EST

Aaron wrote:

Thanks for the idea Brett. How did you determine that the
connection to
the coil had gone bad? At this point, I'm willing to check
anything if I
can.
Thanks!
- --Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6 Auto

Aaron,
my problem existed before I bought new plugs, wires, cap, plug wires, and
coil. She was throwing some codes, and those problems were repaired. (EGR
valve solenoid, Oxygen sensor). We then moved on to other things...
distributor "plate", and crank position sensor, which we replaced. I
checked the fuel pressure at the schrader valve, and it about parted my
hair, so that was out. (Dayton/Andrews did however, run a check on the fuel
pump, and it was good). TonyC and I did the harness splice check as
suggested by Mark Kuzia, and all were good, clean connections, so we made
them "gooder and cleaner". ;)

Next suggestion was that the distributor bushing was bad. Dealer had
checked that, and the distributor was good. We were all pretty puzzled, to
say the least. I was very frustrated after having the Dak towed to the
dealer 3 times in 3 weeks. The mechanic working on the Dak was sure it was
an electrical problem, and was going step by step on every electrical
connection. They found the coil plug problem by wiggling it around a bit,
and the Dak bucked, then died. After splicing in a new connector and wires,
I have not had the problem since. Knock on wood! Again, I'm not sure that
is the answer to your problem, just a suggestion.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC