Re: STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 18:51:26 EST

andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Mr. Plow wrote:
:>
:> Following Jon's convertible project...
:>
:> Jon, i have to stop you from doing any more.
:> You simply have TOO MANY FREAKIN TOYS!!!!

    That statement does not compute. ;-) I didn't think it was
possible to have too many toys. :-) Besides, I'm sure your toy
list will surpass mine pretty soon. ;-)

:> THE LIST:
:>
:> The bike.
:> The ultralihgt plane.

: These 2 are really in their own category. Special-use vehicles.

    A bike and a bike of the sky. ;-) For that "wind in the hair",
freedom that sticking your head out the window doesn't quite duplicate.

:> The Charger (can't remember what year).

: '70. Racing, general transportation.

  Cuda. :-) Fuel injected big block (do I need another reason?) ;-)
Rice crusher. :-) Not exactly something I would want to use for long
distance cruising though. (A combination of as of yet unknown reliability
and the 7mpg fuel economy.)

:> The Dak. (Without the rest of the toys, this one would be ok)

: Truck racing, general transportation.

  Yep, this one is pretty much my daily driver. Usually fairly reliable,
quicker than most vehicles I come across, can tow 6,000lbs while getting
13mpg, can drive to Carlisle or the Nats getting 21mpg.

:> The Ram. (This one is "sort of ok" because you can do snow plowing with
:> it)

: Except that it doesn't have an engine right now, and never had a plow on
: it that I recall.

   Yep - its got a plow. Didn't put it on last year but I might this year.
Plus, its my only 4x4 so its my winter transportation. I'm painting the
exhaust manifolds, valve covers and intake manifold tonight - after that it
should just be a matter of assembly and welding the exhaust system back
together. (crossing fingers, etc...) ;-)

:> Now the convertible....

: This one I can't defend. Not in upstate NY :)

   Ahem... http://www.dakota-truck.net/ARCHIVES/0104/2383.html

  Busted! ;-)

     What can I say? I couldn't resist! The price was right. :-)

  I definitely still want a '94-00 Ram 3500 Cummins turbodiesel though.
(I saw one in somebody's front yard today with a for sale sign on it but
somehow I managed to drive by without stopping) ;-) If the 3500 were
to be a 4x4 that would be nice as it would give me a 2nd winter vehicle.
:-)

   I also want something a bit outrageous. A big block (440 or HEMI)
with a roots blower on top. The vehicle its in is still open for debate -
could be a classic Mopar or maybe a Dak. Speaking of classic Mopars,
I wouldn't mind a B body. Maybe a nice Road Runner, Super Bee, Charger,
or Coronet.

   I also have had an idea to convert an Avenger to RWD and put a
smallblock V8 in it (possibly twin turbocharged), probably in front of
a 6 speed.

  So, I've got plenty of ideas for the future - just need to keep saving
my pennies. :-) "Too many toys" is about 10 toys shy of the perfect
number. ;-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'