Uh oh. "Radiator cap."

From: $pook (richardfiser@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 19:11:16 EST

I left my '98 Dakota, 3.9 v6, sitting in the garage for a week, after I
had an injury that made me housebound. My wife drove it a couple of
times last week with no obvious problems. I finally was able to go out
today and drive it but 'instinct' told me to look under the hood. I
lifted the hood and immediately noticed that the top radiator hose had
collapsed. Uh oh. "Radiator cap." I thought. Turned the cap and the hose
immediately swelled to almost its correct shape. Now, I have flushed the
radiator a couple of times since I bought it in '98. What I found on the
cap has me kind of baffled. Was a kind of yellow green substance, almost
a paste. Before I flush the system and replace the cap, does anyone have
any idea what this substance could have been? No foam in the oil. Didn't
look like oil in the water. Last year, I had the thermostat housing
gasket replaced, under warranty. Any chance this is some kind of residue
from this? No stop leak was added to the radiator by me. Would the
dealer add something?
Maybe the Canadians did something. lol

--
$pook from Io'funk'wa

Be American Buy American

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A25878-2002Oct14¬Found=true http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A8254-2002May12¬Found=true http://www.greeleystampede.org/htm/Concerts/grand_funk.php http://www.GrandFunkRailroad.com