Non-Dak Question for the Guru's

From: Fawcett, Thomas E (fawcett@bu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 09:23:28 EST

A buddy of mine has a late model GMC Jimmy that died while driving during hunting season two days ago. After giving him BEACOUP sh!$ for not buying a Durango, I thought I'd ask the guru's for any ideas what went wrong...

The rig has a distributor-less ignition system and the alternator and battery were recently replaced as this isn't the first time this happened. What happened while I was in the rig was this: Driving down the road at around 30 mph and the engine just cut out without warning. No noises, other symptoms or anything --just stopped running while driving down the road. The battery seemed fine as the lights were all strong/bright and the engine would crank fine but not fire. I checked all the wires I could find and everything was tight and in excellent condition visually.

Any ideas or suspicions?

TIA
Tom