Re: Non-Dak Question for the Guru's

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 10:10:09 EST

coilpack. I've had a few of those go bad on me over time.

-Josh

""Fawcett, Thomas E"" <fawcett@bu.edu> wrote in message

> A buddy of mine has a late model GMC Jimmy that died while driving during
hunting season two days ago. After giving him BEACOUP sh!$ for not buying a
Durango, I thought I'd ask the guru's for any ideas what went wrong...

> The rig has a distributor-less ignition system and the alternator and
battery were recently replaced as this isn't the first time this happened.
What happened while I was in the rig was this: Driving down the road at
around 30 mph and the engine just cut out without warning. No noises, other
symptoms or anything --just stopped running while driving down the road.
The battery seemed fine as the lights were all strong/bright and the engine
would crank fine but not fire. I checked all the wires I could find and
everything was tight and in excellent condition visually.