RE: How long did your's last?

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 16:47:57 EST

I have about 65K miles on my MSD 6A, Blaster SS coil and 8mm Accel wires. I
replace the Borg Warner cap and rotor about every 25K miles.

John

<snip>
Just wondering, I have/had an MSD 5 (left over spare from an old race car,
never used) Blaster SS coil, NAPA solid brass cap and rotor, and MSD 8.8 mm
wires on my pretty much stock 5.2 98 Dak. After about 26,000 daily driving
miles, the MSD 5 box fried, the cap and rotor were toast (this didn't really
surprise me), and the #6 wire (about 20" long) is reading over 1600 ohms
while #2 and the coil wire are over 300ohms. The rest of the wires are fine,
about 45 ohms/ft. What kind of life span have you all experienced with these
components. The box frying kind of surprised me. True, it's analog, but I
thought it would have lasted longer. (glad an old sponsor paid for it). The
wires going bad also doesn't seem right, especially at about $65.00 a set. I
could have gotten 26K out of a cheap stock replacement set. I plan on
putting a 6A box on now. Who has the most miles on theirs? Just curious as
to how the rest of the group has faired.
<unsnip>