Re: Re: Serpentine belt?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 09:29:03 EST

I usually make it a habit to change the belt around the 30 to 35k mark. Even
for $40 that's good insurance to be on the side of the road.

As for the battery exploding. One thing over the years I have seen a couple
of times cause this is to leave the a/c on and start the truck up that way.
Overloads the electrical system and the alternater starts turning with a
little drag and it sends a jolt to the battery. Presto, instant explosion.
Seen this happen twice, once was to me because the clowns at the car wash
left the a/c on.

Jeff Durling