Re: Moving the K&N to behind the bumper AND hydrolock story.

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 04:38:48 EST

On my intake recipe, the filter isn't that low. The final height is only
about 4- 6" below the oe location. If deep water crossing is your thing, get
a cheapo round open air filter that goes directly on the tb and swap it in
when you anticipate water that will reach the headlights or if you're going
to the pit.

-- --Patrick Delgado
2000 Dakota RC 5.9 R/T; 9 psi Powerdyne w/ 7-rib pulley, Gatorback belt, F&B
stage I TB, TV cable adj., Homebrewed K&N 0920 behind foglight, MAP boost
bypass, IAT relocation, MSDBTM, MSD 8.5 superconductors, 3923's, MP
computer, NO CAT, katbox, full Hotchkis kit, Bilsteins, 275/50 nittos and
305/45 BFG's, powerslots/QS pads, Jason cap. In possession but not in
position; Belly pan plate and traction bars.