Re: 22 gal. gas tank?

From: Bill Day (bill@daysdomain.com)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 10:46:44 EST

As for your gas tank, you most likely have a 22 gal. just cause it says
"E", doesnt mean its empty.. you have to practically run it out of gas to
get 22 gal in and I still dont theink you gcan do (items consuming space in
tank etc..)

They way I check my mileage:
1: @ fill-up, reset trip meter, top of tank and record the number of gallons
used.
2: @ next fill-up, record miles drove, fill it up and see how many gallons
you put in.
3: divide your number of gallons into the mileage traveled.

If you want a "dealership" figure, do this for a couple of time for street
driving and then it a couple of times for highway. Using only the street
mileage do and average of the 3/4 and the same for the highway mileage..

My experience with dealerships.. don't rely on them for financing.when I
went to get my dakota the dealer ran me through my current bank, they didnt
want to do it, then through ford credit.. they were willing to do it at
about 10% I though no, I have better credit than that.. so I went to
another bank and spoke to the load person.. we ended up working out a better
dealstraight from the bank then via the dealer. ended up I got $2900 out of
my 4banger '91 5speed RC SB, and ended up paying $2900 to the dealer/bank
for the '95 3.9v6 EC AT SB 4x4.

The only thing about buying used vehicles is no warranties and I certainly
learned the hardway(motor shit out at 3 months of having it) Ended up
costing me and extra $3000 to get a Marshall reman put in it as for some
reason no Dodge magnum cranks or aftermarket cranks could be fitted to my
3.9 factory 6
BTW, my fuel mileage is prolly only max of 8/12 city/highway especialy with
the 31x10.5x15(equiv to 265 75 R 15) versus 235 75 R 15

Bill Day

Linux 2.2.20-1tr i586
  9:09am up 5 days, 11 min, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
We're still up at irc.openprojects.net @ #linux-users
or irc.freenode.net @ #linux-users
http://counter.li.org #83358
http://sxs.daysdomain.com/