Re: 22 gal. gas tank?

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 10:13:45 EST

Ok ya'll, I've read lots of these posts regarding the fuel tank. I have a
98 RC Sport model with the short bed and I have a 15 Gal tank. I have
confirmed this by running the tank extremely low on fuel and have only been
able to pump in about 13.5 gallons. I also have to thank another DML'er
that was able to run the VIN thru DC computers and look at all the specs on
the vehicle build sheet and it specified a 15 Gal fuel tank. My question is
this: can I get a 22 Gal tank from a wrecked truck and install it in my
truck without major modifications to the fuel tank mounting system, fuel
pump, filter, quantity indicating system, etc? I drive about 500+ miles per
week and having a tank that has a 50% increase in capacity would be
beneficial not only for my daily commute but on road trips as well.

TIA,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE