Re: RE: Re: Re: Things that go "clunk" when you drive...

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 17:52:11 EST

Hey Sean,
Thanks for the info, but that's actually not my problem. I've actually
never heard that noise when you're turning at lock. My problem is when
you're turning a corner (usually left) there's this mysterious "clunk"
noise. It doesn't feel like the suspension's shifted or anything like that,
it just makes a noise. I've checked the entire suspension and nothing is
measuring out of spec, could bad bushings on the rack possibly cause this?

-Josh

""Sevrence, Sean (S.J.)"" <ssevrenc@visteon.com> wrote in message

> Hey Josh!
>
> That was my contribution to the archives....at full steering lock (usually
> when parking) there is a "knob" or protrusion on the steering knuckle that
> will rub against the lower control arm. These Dak's do turn well, but just
> bit too well ;)
>
> Sean
> '92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi!
> '01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1 - 65,000mi!
> http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU

how's