Re: Things that go "clunk" when you drive...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 21:55:26 EST

Hey, Josh.

<snip>I get this weird clunking noise from the front end of my dak<snip>

The DAKSY started a front end "clunking" last summer & it took me awhile to
figger it out...turned out the lower support bolt on the driver's side
ProComp had sheared off. Everything looked good til I put a socket on the
head of (what was left of) the bolt & it spun. Good thing the lower support
arm forging has a relief - probably to clear the end of the shock - that the
end of the shock sat in & kept it from hitting the road...
Just a thought...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed