Things that go "clunk" when you drive...

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 11:10:18 EST

I was hoping that someone could help me on this one... Just about every
time that I go around a corner or even if I "slalom" down the street, I get
this weird clunking noise from the front end of my dak. It's a 2000 2wd
with a V6. I've got my ASE in suspension/driveability and I took a look at
all the suspension components sprung/unsprung and everything looks fine and
is torqued to spec. The ball joints and tie rod ends (inner & outer) are
looking good. I've just replaced all my swaybar bushings/endlinks with
energy suspension pieces, so they're all fine. I also took a look at the
body mounts and they are fine as well. I'm about at my wit's end on this
one. The only thing that's left that I can think of is that perhaps the
bushings that hold the steering rack to the frame might be bad and need
replacing. Does anyone have any ideas??? If I think on this any longer I
think my head's gonna explode.

-Josh
2000 CC V6