Re: Re: : Finally got the Hypertech back

From: GSWillhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 10:57:46 EST

Wayne, I bought the Hypertech Programmer III
and it will program your computer. I think the model
no. is 50003. Check out the Hypertech website:

http:\\hypertech-inc.com

They run about $330. Before you order one contact
Hypertech first and make sure you get the upgrade
number, then order. Hopefully this will keep you from
having the delays I had. I received mine, plugged it
into the Dak and got a "calibration not found". The PIII
downloads the info from your computer....problem is
I had to send it back for the upgrade. Took about 2 1/2
weeks.

Programming changes the rev limiter, speed limiter and
possibly programs in some advance...don't know what
all it does yet. They also give you octane options, 87 and
93.

George

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:00:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Wayne <blowndakota@yahoo.com>

George,
Sorry but I missed most of this thread. I also have a
98 5.2 5 speed and would like to know what you did to
get control of the computer. Does Hypertech have a
programmer available for our trucks now?

Thanks,
Wayne