RE:Going from a tonneau cover to a hard topper

From: CML (cmlodermeier@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 12:17:03 EST

I have a A.R.E. brand, Z-series, cab-high fiberglass topper on my quad.
 I can't say enough about it. It matches the lines of the Dakota
extremely well and the fit and finish are excellent. The flip-down
front window is a real nice feature when washing the truck. I can
easily come through and dry both the rear pickup window and the outside
of the front topper window. The palm-latch mechanism works quite well.
 My father has a fiberglass Unicover with a push-button latch to open
the back window that tends to stick down if not lubricated regularly
making the topper window difficult to latch shut.

This is essentially my pickup, and if I recall correctly, Digger, you
have a silver quad as well:
http://www.4are.com/prodsearch/dm00dxzs.jpg

Here is there website to look around if you like:
http://www.4are.com/

I know Ed has a Snugtop and is quite satisfied. I was interested in
one as well, until I could not find a dealer anywhere in the midwest.
I looked at the Leer as well, but didn't like their design for our
quads. Sorry for the long-winded post, but you are looking for
opinions.