Re: Dakota with a gooseneck??

From: Bill Day (bill@daysdomain.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 18:49:38 EST

I have seen one dak(93 with a 318) 2wd with a 'flipover' gooseneck so that
the bed is unhampered when not towin. he had his fram reinforced with 1/4
plate (inner and outer frame) where the good neck would site..

Why..? I dont know. As jon said, in general a gooseneck is a more stable
towing setup then a hitch or bumper mounted bal as it squarely puts wait on
the wheels and does not pull won on bumper lifting front end and making it
loose etc...

As far as (driver) license is concerned, you need to check with your state
dmv etc concering a goosenck as most will not allow a regular driver to pull
a gooseneck on regular license... not all but most.

now, are you going to have a brake system on this (elect/air/hydraulic)...?
there is another provision for goosenecks.. braking requirements as most
gooseneck trailers weigh as much or more than our little daks..

hth,

Bill Day

Linux 2.2.20-1tr i586
  5:09am up 7 days, 20:11, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
We're still up at irc.openprojects.net @ #linux-users
or irc.freenode.net @ #linux-users
http://counter.li.org #83358
http://sxs.daysdomain.com/