Re: Hypothetical Question

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 00:41:06 EST

In a message dated 12/11/2002 8:56:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, ghedlin@theramp.net writes:

> Can a dakota PCM be re-flashed for a non-magnum engine?

I've been considering the same thing for the last few years; and as they've mentioned.. they're having trouble getting the programming to work with the larger displacements; BUT.. I think with some higher flowing injectors; and an even larger throttle body or 2 with the wiring harnesses in parallel; IF the cam is kept reasonable( I doubt you'd be able to put a cam in it for 800HP and expect the PCM to figure it out) I've been thinking if we used a complete V8 harness.. and adapted all the newer sensors to the BB. It shouldn't be too unrealistic. You'll need to use either a manual tranny or give up OD though.. I haven't seen any OD AT's for the BB's.
I may have found myself a 413 to replace my little 2.5L one day.
And improvising would still save thousands over using an aftermarket kit.
Aaron W in AL.
94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo