Re: re: ball joints

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 11:59:07 EST

You can replace the ball joints without having to replace the control
arms. I remember reading about someone doing it to their Gen III. The
procedure required drilling out the factory rivits and using a nut/bolt
combination. I'll see if I can find where I read it.

Also - I recommend using moog parts flat out if you are replacing
suspension parts and ball joints. May as well put the best in and not
have to worry about the part failing for a long time. I'm going to have
that done on my 4x4 Dak.

--

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/