Re: A Lopey Christmas

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 09:39:28 EST

At 06:03 AM 12/17/02 -0800, you wrote:
>What are the specs? Thanks. Phil

Phil, it's the Hughes HER1418AL cam. Valve lift @ 1.6:1 ratio
is 0.520 intake, 0.544 exhaust. Lobe separation is 114 degrees.
Duration @ .050" tappet lift is 214 degrees intake, 218 degrees
exhaust.

There are a couple of DMLers (that I know of) that have been using
this cam in their 5.2Ls on the street and on the track for at least a year.
Their first hand experiences are extremely positive. My experience is
to come :-)

The cam requires the use of Hughes' valve spring (pn 1110) and
retainers (don't have pn but can be found on his web site). I reused
the roller lifters from the MP RT cam kit and the pushrods from the
MP 1.6 al. roller rockers since they barely showed any visible traces
of wear.

Bob