Re: Rattling noise in engine compartment when started cold

From: Brian Tully (btully2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 07:24:09 EST

Jon, I had a noise in my 98 that drove me nuts in the
cold and it turned out to be the belt tensioner. I
took it off the truck and lubed the hell out of it
with silicon.(no more noise) The other thing that
made noise when it was cold was my transfer case. The
noise of the t-case sounded like it was coming from
the front of the engine. What I would do is to drive
the truck down hill(not a big one) and turn the engine
off and see if it still makes the noise, that way you
can figure out if it is related to the engine.

Brian

--- "Parker, Jon (GRCI)" <ParkerJ@Pragmatics.com>