Re: Rattling noise in engine compartment when started cold

From: bsung (brannings@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 13:48:02 EST

Yup I had a similar experience with the belt tensioner I just replaced the
pulley. Did the belt while I was at it. Now I got a different problem when
I floor it around 2000 rpm I get a noise that sounds like an exhaust leak
from somewhere in the engine compartment. Guess I know what I'll be doing
this weekend. Could be your tensioner or pulley slowly going out. Turn on
the engine and see if the noise is coming from that side. I sprayed some
lub on the pulley while it was running and the noise went away.

Branning
http://brannings.tripod.com