Re: H.O. CAM INSTALL QUESTION

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 23:13:34 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2002 6:58:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kwreimer@msn.com writes:

> I am thinking of installing the H.O. cams in my 4.7.so is this hard ?I
> have
> the skill to accomplish this task, but I want to know how much time am I
> looking at? and the cams are under the valve cover once covers are
> removed..? Correct? where can I read some instructions at? Thanx any info
> would be appreciated.

It'll take you about 4 hours with hand tools, air would help alot. I've done
it many times, about 5 times actually, and yes, the cams are right there when
the covers come off. Getting them off otoh, well, it looks easier than it
is......... On the Speedtweaks site, you can download the directions like I
did. If you have any questions at all, email me and I'll give you my phone #

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4 "Silver
Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be Finished
Sometime This Millenium!! See Them Here!!
http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts