RE: H.O. CAM INSTALL QUESTION

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 00:33:45 EST

> [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of
> Olznut@aol.com
> Subject: Re: DML: H.O. CAM INSTALL QUESTION
>
> In a message dated 12/18/2002 6:58:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> kwreimer@msn.com writes:
>

> > I am thinking of installing the H.O. cams in my 4.7.so is
> this hard ?I
snip

> It'll take you about 4 hours with hand tools, air would help
> alot. I've done
> it many times, about 5 times actually, and yes, the cams are
> right there when
> the covers come off. Getting them off otoh, well, it looks
> easier than it
> is......... On the Speedtweaks site, you can download the
> directions like I

Air as in impact wrench, or what? Is it necessary to run higher octane
with the HO cams? They seem like a nice HP increase for little $, but it
looks like there are a couple of custom tools needed. speedtweaks.net
seems to be out of commission for remodeling, Bernd selling these cams?

Thanks...

/Curt
Chelsea, MI
00 QC 4.7 4x4 5spd 3.92lsd gibson catback