re:Re: Belt...

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 21:27:49 EST

5 min if you have the right tools to release the tension.. Before I
acquired a tensioner wrench on Ebay I used a 15mm socket and a 18" flex
handle - also found it benefical to move the overflow tank to make a little
more room.. on my 1995 318 it helped. Just be careful, that tensioner can
slip loose and cause major knuckle damage.
And, make sure you put it on the way it came off.

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport,was a 5.2l now a 5.9l,MP sp intake,180
thermostat,Flowkooler,5sp, 3.55LSD,K&N dropin,Jardine
catback,Flowmaster70,Jacobs ign. Tow pkg.

Josh Saiz wrote:
>> I took my truck in to change the oil and upon inspection the Goodyear
guys suggested that I repair my "serpentine belt". Which belt is this and
what's the average cost to replace? Should it be a warranty item?