re:Re: Belt...

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 16:27:47 EST

At 09:27 PM 12/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
>5 min if you have the right tools to release the tension.. Before I
>acquired a tensioner wrench on Ebay I used a 15mm socket and a 18" flex
>handle - also found it benefical to move the overflow tank to make a little
>more room.. on my 1995 318 it helped. Just be careful, that tensioner can
>slip loose and cause major knuckle damage.

On my 97, I use a 15 mm open/closed extended length wrench, closed end on the
nut. This brings your hand to about the edge of the fan shroud. So I put
another
wrench on the open end of the 15 mm and further length. Clears the shroud
by a fair amount (no scrapes) and the extra leverage requires less muscle.

Bob