Re: Traction devices for 4WD Dakotas

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 21:28:58 EST

I think this has come up once or twice before on the DML. If I remember
correctly, the concensus was that its not a good idea to try vaulting a
drag run in 4 hi. The transfer cases in Daks really are not heavy duty
and are not built for that kind of abuse. I know you are supposed to
only use the shift on the fly at 55 mph (is it 55 or 65?) or below I
think. Maybe thats just for the "shift into" part. But If it was me I
wouldn't try it.

--

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/