Re: 4X4 In The Urban Jungle

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 01:21:58 EST

Olznut@aol.com wrote:
> Ugggh, I had to venture out to the malls today with Mom to do some last
> minute shopping. She told me she needed me and my truck to pick up the big
> stuff for the kids. Man, how I hate crowds!! Anyways, to the point of this
> story, we were in a parking lot trying to get out, but there was a line
> behind us that just didn't move. My Mom grew impatient, looked in front of
> me, and told me "You have a 4x4, just put it in 4wd and hop the median" Hey,
> she said it, I didn't, so I then flipped it into 4HI and hopped the stop and
> over the median and out to the street, much to other's dismay, but what do I
> care what others think of me :) I thought it was funny as hell!!

This is why Marci *doesn't* let me drive when this is a possibility.
For example, the place we've parked for 4th of July fireworks the last 2
years is separated from the road by about 75 feet of grass and slight
gully/ditch. The first year, a Cherokee cut across the grass and I said
"see, if I'd driven...". The second year, she told me before we even
got close to the driveway that she was driving.

Too bad, too - that's the safest off-road action I can find that time of
year :)