Re: RE: Gen1 gen2 difference

From: Danny Burrows (havenx@ksni.net)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 20:28:50 EST

HEHE Gen1 and GenII, let me put it to ya this way, I have a gen1 frame under my genII. hehe
damn animals in the road bent the other one. There are many small difference. Like say you put
a GENI computer in a GENII your gonna have some Mass airflow and TPS probs. Yes there is more
room in the front of GENIIs cause the radiator supt. You have about 3 more inch. Also the
battery sets differntly. I have seen 440s in both though, so don't worry. The prob is getting
a trans behine a 440 in a Dakota. The front brake lines are different from GenI to GenII. And
GenI is 5 lug and the other is 6. The bad and cab are pretty much the same. The ebrake can be
made to work between the two. All the holes for the body parts on genIs and GenIIs are the
same I found out (THANK GOD). The fule tank fittings and the fule lines are a lil differnt
but can be made to work. The sending unit on the tank has to be switched over. I'm not sure
about the wire connector in the fire wall. All I know is that I pluged it in and most of the
shit worked. Wall anyways you get the point. There is alot of that lil shit that you have to
dick with for hours to get it to work. A lil tip for everyone. a 727 trans works great on a
dakota as long as you got a good stall on the converter, and also its cool to go with the
locking converter cause it seems thats shit goes down the road faster.

Danny