Re: Dakota's Corroded Wires

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 08:49:28 EST

Hey, DMLers,

<snip> It's called electrolysis<snip>

Actually it's called "Galvanic Reaction"

<snip > That is why there are big problems with houses wired with aluminum
rather than copper<snip>

The main reason that houses are not wired with aluminum is the fact that
aluminum will expand and contract when the electricity flows thru it. This
expansion & contraction eventually leads to the wires loosening the screws
on the receptacles, causing unsafe conditions. This was a major problem
occurring in mobile homes back in the day. Many of them burned to toast
because of the loosening of the aluminum wiring

DAK content: Santa brought me a new Ram's head hitch receiver light & a set
of license plate frames that say:
 "3.9l Magnum V-6 - We can go fast too!" Just gotta get em deplated &
painted black with SY letters!

Also, The DAKSY got put to the test in this Xmas blizzard...she walked right
thru the stuff! 22+ inches of powdery snow was no problem! She does NOT like
to run in/on the packed road slush, but I've never had a vehicle (big or
small) that tracked well in THAT stuff...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/