Re: Cleaning Heads and other questions (long)

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 14:25:29 EST

Ken,
Just remove the head with the valves and springs in place. Drop it off at a
reputable machine shop and the will take care of all the details for you.
They'll make sure the mating surface isn't warped and replace the guide
seals and all that good stuff. They usually dip the heads in some kind of
solvent and it should come back to you all nice and clean. Just like
(almost) brand new.

-Josh