Re: A question of curriosity

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 00:57:24 EST

At 11:24 PM 12/27/2002 -0600, you wrote:

>Well, I was told the general rule is for every 100lbs you can drop, will
>drop a tenth off your ET. My personal best is a 17.6 as is (17.3 with RT
>rims). I was planning on removing the hard tonneau, spare tire, tailgate,
>and replace the stock rear bumper with a roll pan. I was also considering
>yanking the passenger seat and subs. I'm estimating that should shave
>200-300 lbs. I guess i'm looking for some solid numbers to base my
>predictions.

I guess this is really where you get to the point of deciding if you want
your truck "optimized" for daily driving or for racing. If you don't care
about convenience for daily driving, there are tons of things you can do to
lose that weight. But if you still want room for passengers, a stereo
system, etc. it gets more difficult. If you drop both bumpers, the spare,
the tailgate, and the tonneau, you would probably drop a couple hundred
pounds, but 600 is quite a bit.

-Bill