Re: Bob Tom Scraps Dakota - Laws

From: Steve D (01dak@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 19:30:15 EST

"Robert Schultz" <robert_schultz@remove.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:auql9q$2ob$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Actually the analogy makes perfect sense. If the law passes, then showing
up
> at the mall with an NO2 equipped vehicle is about the same as taking the
gun
> there.

Your point is??? Shotguns are designed for one purpose only...to kill.
That's all they were ever meant to do. Road cars are meant to be used for
transportation. Race cars are meant for the track.

> Yes street races occasionally kill people. So does inattention, poor
> weather, poorly maintained cars and stupidity in general.

Only one of those things has a hope of being legislated out of existence;
street racing. Why is it so hard to understand that racing belogs at the
track and the streets sre for everyone to use, safely. Your right to drive
like a moron ends where the rights of others to go about their business
without dying begins. It's not really a hard concept for most to understand.
Only the criminals and hillbillys.

<snip>

I'm sick of this topic. It has nothing to do with most of you. Forget it and
move on.