Re: Bob Tom Scraps Dakota - Laws

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 20:42:22 EST

> Street racers do cause mayhem. They cause death and horrible injuries. They
> kill themselves (seldomly) and innocent bystanders and in a case last year a
> womans unborn child.
But street race cars do not. Prosecute the person, not the equipment. Cars
don't kill people, people do.
No matter what kind of car they have, street racers will race. If all they
drove were Model Ts they would race them. Outlawing certain equipment, like
a wing does not prevent one single death.
You say 28 people were killed by street racers? (notice it was street
racers, not street race CARS-notice he said "some irresponsible punk", not
some irresponsible car) How many people drowned in the same period? I'll bet
the number was pretty close, if not more, but I don't hear the gov't
mandating use of personal flotation devices or outlawing swimming pools.
No offense intended, but you have to change behavior. Outlawing every
inanimate object in the world still won't prevent people from doing stupid
thing, and you can't fix stupid.

Rant mode off.
Back to your regularly scheduled threads on oil, tires, air filters,
etc....and THE PIT!!

Jon
STL MO