2003 Dodge Magnum Update (Concept car)

From: Saint (saint1958@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 11:25:50 EST

This car may not be built but that is not the point.

The car's drive train and interior work are the next LX platform (300
series). What does this mean? The Daytona Charger.....yea Richard. The
normal aspirated, I wish, well supercharger (Whipple DC license) will be
added to the Dodge Charger in order to compete against the next Cobra. Why?

Well, the next Cobra that is coming about that time called the Daytona
Charger is nothing more than a 427 or 7 ltr motor V-10. Yes! It was a
secret (LOL) from Ford SVT or really Roush Performance Division but someone
sprang the leak.

Anyway, I will comment further today when I get more info on the Charger and
Viper competitor: V-10 Cobra.

The next Daytona Charger will be the truck variant motor and not the normal
5.7 ltr. It may not get the HO version that is due in 2005 but a
supercharger version that will crank out over 435 HP and 480 lbs of torque
(6 psi non intercooler). The numbers are not yet determining due to the
longevity of the drive train and the competition or revivals. However, it
will also get the half-shafts, a new AMG AutoStick 5-speed, 20-inch rims,
and Viper styled seats. Those at the Detroit Auto show, take a close look
under the hood and underneath if you can get close. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

However, about this time you will find a new V-10 Hemi in the truck line,
along a Viper variant that will up the ante on the competitors along with
your wallet. The expected HP rating should be in the 600 HP range in the
Viper GTS model. However, the truck line will only be in the low 500. The
engine will still retain the iron block for a 150,000 miles before rebuilt
standard that DC has created.

Steven St.Laurent
2003 Dodge Hemi 5.7 Ram Quad (15.6 sec @ 92 MPH)
2000 Dodge Dakota Hemi (Some idot hit the vehicle)
2000 Roush Ford TT-Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk)
1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
PROJECT CAR:
1992 Suzuki Swift GT (1775lb) Intercooled Turbo - 350HP FY-03
Future Purchases:
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a V-10 (replace the Hemi)
2004/5 Dodge Hemi Durango (again for the wife)