Re: Re: Spark Plugs

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 13:59:54 EST

I would, if you still have them, double check that the original plugs were
indeed platinum. You are the first I have heard who had them. I would also
double check the manual. Again, you are the first that I have heard. Not
saying you are wrong but everything Chrysler has done to my knowledge is to
warn against using platinum plugs. I don't have it anymore, but I remember
the '01 FSM stating to not use platinum plugs in it either.

Steve, I read your post and I understand where you are coming form but I
think they mean it for what it will do to the coils over time. I don't think
the problem will happen in a short period of time but over several thousand
miles. My guess is 20k or more. Didn't you only have your dak for a short
time until it was totalled? If so, that may be why it was never an issue.

All I know is if you are not sure call Chrysler and ask. Since I don't that
much about coil on plug I have to trust them here. BTW, guy I work with has
the trailblazer with the straight six in it. It also has coil on plug and GM
has the same attitude as Chrysler does about the platinum plugs to not use
them.

Jeff Durling