Re: Checkmate tonneau cover owners

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 11:11:41 EST

Stefan Bartels <stebel@web.de> wrote:

: Hi,

: the cover is installed since a half year now and I am very happy with the cover. Now I am planning to install a Bed carpet. But whenn water is on the cover and you open it the water will come thru the mount side into the bed. Anyway the cover is dense (is that the right english word?) when it is closed.
: Anybody with an idea or practical solution?

   Probably the easiest route to go would be to use carpeting
specifically designed for truck beds, or just generic indoor/outdoor
carpeting, if you are doing it yourself. A lot of people have bed
carpeting who don't even have tonneau covers, the rain and water
won't hurt it if you get carpeting designed for the outdoors.

  That would probably be easier than to try to stop the water from
leaking onto it. (You should probably make sure that you have a couple
of drain holes in the bed though so the water has someplace to go or it
might sit under the carpet and cause mildew. (Either that, or always be
sure to park with the back of the truck pointing downhill.) If you are
able to get a carpet that has a porus back (to let the water through)
that would probably be beneficial also, so that the water doesn't sit
on top of the carpet, it will go through, then out the drain holes in
the bed.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'