New Dodge truck Suspension

From: Saint (saint1958@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 19:53:56 EST

With the new rack-n-pinion steering, the front anti-sway bar and new
forwarded leafs, now Dodge has cornered the market of not requiring any
replacement on the adding a rear/front sway bar. The leafs are larger and
forwarded to handle corners. The coils up front are the largest I have seen
yet. The front sway bar is almost an inch thick. I cannot see much
aftermarket tackling in making a better suspension for the next Dakota.

However, if you have looked under the next Ford, the shocks are now located
outside of the box frame to add rear stability in cornering. I can see the
next refresh changing to this new design in suspension and maybe an MB
active type also.

Steven St.Laurent
2003 Dodge Hemi 5.7 Ram Quad (15.6 sec @ 92 MPH)
2000 Dodge Dakota Hemi (Some idot hit the vehicle)
2000 Roush Ford TT-Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk)
1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
PROJECT CAR:
1992 Suzuki Swift GT (1775lb) Intercooled Turbo - 350HP FY-03
Future Purchases:
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a V-10 (replace the Hemi)
2004/5 Dodge Hemi Durango (again for the wife)