RE: Platinum and the 4.7

From: Clinton O Holter (coholter@raytheon.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 20:07:04 EST

I've really enjoyed reading all the posts of people quoting
their dealership mechanics as saying that platinum plugs
are a no-no for 4.7s.

I'd bet that the knowledge base of the dealership mechanics is the Factory
Service Manual.
(It says it in the manual, so it must be a fact . . . duh)

 . . . . so much 2nd hand information about this supposed problem with
platinum plugs,
if you want to believe it all, go ahead . . .

Sooo, I waited till I got 30K miles on my Bosch 4417s to say anything.
They have worked perfectly since new.
I have checked them every 10K, they always look great.
The truck goes like stink, idles like a kitten . . . and now she's got the
HO cams . . .