RE: RE: Platinum and the 4.7 - Thanks Steve!

From: tkoth (tkoth@cox.net)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 23:12:46 EST

Thanks for the info Steve. I think at this point, for me
I'll err on the side of caution and go back to
non-platinums. I'm out of warranty and can't afford to be
replacing anything major these days. Of course.... when I
WAS under warranty all I seemed to get was NTF for
everything until I went back in a second time and told the
folks what the problem realy was. THEN they would refuse to
cover it..... but that's another story....

Thanks again.
Tim

>Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 07:05:26 -0800
>From: Stlaurent Mr Steven <STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL>
>Subject: DML: RE: RE: Platinum and the 4.7
>
>I was referring to the aftermarket high-output coils. They
will completely
>burn out the spark plug platinum rod due to the extreme
voltage. I had the
>same problem on the Swift heads, which are very similar
like the Hemi
>design. In this case I had installed the MSD high-output
ignition system
>and using the Bosch platinum were seriously burnt at the
end of the rods.
>Then they would sputter when cold, bad gas mileage, and
poor performer.

>With the Dakota 4.7, never had any problems since I usually
replace the
>plugs every 10K miles, along with the O2 sensors.

- --------------------------------------
Steven St.Laurent
C4I System Engineer
Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)
<SNIP>HISTORY TIDBITS: The discoverer of Egypt was
a woman by the name of Egyptus, daughter of Ham, son
of Noah. She discover while it was still under a level of
water.
Maybe her discover was based on the Sphinx (dedicated to
Cain son of Adam). Pharaoh, son of Egyptus, was its first
ruling king."<SNIP>