Bench to bucket conversion on '96

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 15:27:24 EST

Anybody else switch out their bench seat for factory buckets on their
'96 dak? I did this quite a while ago and finally thought to ask. When I
did the switch I used buckets out of a '95 dak but I have noticed that I
seem to sit lower ever since. At the same time I put in the console and
it doesn't seem to be quite right on the floor either. Does anyone know
if the seat track were different between those two years or did I miss
something else? Maybe a difference in the floor? My truck had all of the
mounting points for the buckets there and it also had the points to
install the floor bracket for the console but it just seems to fit
funny. Any ideas?

Jeff Durling