Re: Bench to bucket conversion on '96

From: Matthew Intihar (challengerman@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 20:35:20 EST

Same deal on my '92, I think it's just the construction of the
buckets(they sit lower in the back). Tracks are the same; I actually
took my tracks off and put them on the buckets. I have the same problem
with the console too(big opening in the front). I'm pretty sure there
was extra padding under the carpet with the bucket configuration. BTW,
what did you do to secure the rear of the console, seemings how the
mounting bracket wasn't on my floorboard. HTH!

Matthew
'92 CC 3.9L 4x2, Procarpart's White Face Gages
Herculiner, Dynomax cat-back, and 14x3 open element
AR-767 w/Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar 275/60R15

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:27:24 -0500 "Jeff Durling"
<jdurling@directvinternet.com> writes:

> Anybody else switch out their bench seat for factory buckets on
> their
> '96 dak? I did this quite a while ago and finally thought to ask.
> When I
> did the switch I used buckets out of a '95 dak but I have noticed
> that I
> seem to sit lower ever since. At the same time I put in the console
> and
> it doesn't seem to be quite right on the floor either. Does anyone
> know
> if the seat track were different between those two years or did I
> miss
> something else? Maybe a difference in the floor? My truck had all of
> the
> mounting points for the buckets there and it also had the points to
> install the floor bracket for the console but it just seems to fit
> funny. Any ideas?
>
> Jeff Durling

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com