Re: Belly Pan Gasket

From: mike.burgess@akamail.com
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 17:31:17 EST

Does the stock or F&B TB bolt right on to the M1 ? Stock air hat?

What other sort of changes need to be done when installing the M1?

I expect my bp gasket may be going, I'm starting to consume a bit of
oil, at 65K miles.
  Mike B.

The web spoke:
Hmmm. let's see. 2bbl M1 = more power and better reliability
since you will
never have to worry about or replace the belly pan gasket.

John - installed my M1 30K+ miles ago and have zero regrets!
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip>
Eliminate the problem altogether - install a 2BBL M1 instead of
replacing the flawed-design belly pan gasket under the beer
barrel.
Hey, you gotta take it all apart anyway, right?

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)