Re: Re: John Coletti reamrks were pointed at DC SRT-10 Ram

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 16:40:56 EST

I'm gonna start calling lightnings; cyclone imitators. See how many fights
> > I can pick with that. :)

I had a Syclone and it gave a lot of mechanical problems but it was very
fast when it ran! I thought about trading it for a Lightning in hopes of
getting a more dependable truck but the Lightning could not keep up with the
turbocharged awd Syclone 0 to 60 and that is as fast as i ever want to race.
I ended up buying a Dakota R/T instead and of course it is not as fast, BUT
in over 50k miles it has never left me waiting for a wrecker like the
Syclone did several times with a blown up engine! I expect the new
generation Lightnings will be even more expensive than the current ones so I
will keep waiting for a srt-10 Ram and even if Ferd does squeeze 500 hp out
of that 5.4 ltr V8 it could never build torque like a 8+ ltr engine and
probably blow engines as bad as the Syclone did if pushed to the limit
repeatedly! I'm sorry but I'll never agree with the smaller engines. There
is no replacement for displacement!!!!!!!!!!!!
JIm in Waco. BTW I am no kid either. I'll be 56 on the 29th!