RE: Bench to bucket conversion on '96

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 08:51:30 EST

Good to know it wasn't just me. I've had these in the truck for a little
over two years now and have gone over it so many times. I was thinking I
was crazy or something that I couldn't figure it out. Guy that works
here used to have a '91 and it didn't sit that low.

As for the console you have to get the floor bracket for it to mount to
so you can keep it secure. I believe the part number is P4482784. I
remember is costing something around $15. Since

I don't really think the buckets I have now are that great I think I am
going to find a set from a newer dak and get the console from and '01
and put that in there. I can probably play with the height of the
buckets and the console is great because it has a lot of storage and
goes up under the dash. Looking at the floor in my '96 I don't think
there is much of a problem of it fitting other than width wise.

Jeff Durling