RE: truck sick : (

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 10:57:48 EST

Yes, a clogged cat can do that. It certainly did on my truck. If the truck
is out of the emissions warranty, have an exhaust shop do it. It will be
cheaper than the dealership and most dealerships send the truck to an
exhaust shop to have the work done anyway except they send a Dodge cat along
with the truck. Who wants another crappy Dodge cat? :)

Of course, it could be something else that's causing the problem such as
clogged injectors, air filter, bad sensor in the system etc.

John

<snip>
well for a wee bit the truck has been running like crap, but I just ignored
it, well today on the highway, while trying to climb a nice hill the truck
has zero guts, I have the thing floored and can barely go 100K/hr.
also the last few days the truck will not start on the first try, it turns
over and stalls, I have to apply more gas to keep it running until its warm.
any ideas, its going to the shop next Thursday, if it lasts that long.
I'm thinking its the cat! how much for a dealer installed cat?
<unsnip>