Re: RE: HELP!!!! Broke a body mount bolt!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 01:59:49 EST

Hey, Ron!

<snip>My only suggestions along with the drilling is lots
 of WD40 or PB Blaster.

   Another method is to drill it out, and then keep increasing the
drill size until you drill out to the threads<snip>.

The only additional comments I would make to the above DAKspert info is to
use TiN-coated CARBIDE drills...
If you think that you're dealing with a "super alloy" or something extremely
hard, carbide will cut it faster than High-Speed Steel (HSS)...& the TiN
(Titanium Nitride) coating adds lubricity to the cutting edges & makes
material removal even faster..

HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(journeyman machinist in a previous life...)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/