"Oversize" tires on stock wheels.

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 17:15:31 EST

I think we discussed this before,but I forget. Has
anyone replaced their 265/70R16 tires with 265/75R16
tires? Any problems with clearance? I put a tire that
size alongside one of my wheels,and it actually looks
quite a bit taller. My stock Goodyears are at 20,000
miles,so I am starting to look at new tires,of course.
They might be good for another 6-8k. I figured going
to the next size taller tire would soften the ride a
little,and bring down my highway RPMs a tad.
(A tad = 125 rpms) Steve P.