Re: RE: Update to Starting Joy

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 22:55:12 EST

Well, there are only two wires that lead to the starter. One goes from the
battery's positive terminal to the starter, the other goes from the starter,
up into a giant bundle of wires, and then oblivion somewhere - I'll be
honest and say that I didn't check and find out exactly where it went, but
I'm guessing the PDC and then the starter relay. The ground for the starter
is into the block, I think (the block's ground strap is indeed hooked up.)
When I had the starter tested at the shop, the grounding cable was hooked
onto the mounting bracket, suggesting it grounds itself.