Re: Re: Update to Starting Joy

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 22:38:51 EST

Sounds kinda like mine. If I beat the living crap out of the starter with a
hammer/screwdriver handle, the thing has eventually started in the past.
However, I don't want to have to carry a hammer around in the truck. Also,
the first time I did it, I only had to whack the thing a couple times to get
it to work, then this time, I had to strike at LEAST 25 times to get things
going. I think I'm just going to replace the whole thing. The plunger
flange is rather munged. The two contacts that the plunger hits are also
extremely worn, plus the elecrtic motor itself looks rather "well
travelled".

""Jeff Durling"" <jdurling@directvinternet.com> wrote in message

> It may be something else but to rule out the starter here's a thought.
Could