Re: "heated" words over wood burning stove

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 14:29:36 EST

Terrible Tom wrote:

> Pun intended...
>
> Small background facts... and yes this is Dakota related.
>
> Moved fron $hitcago to Wisc... its cold here, not a problem.
>
> I have a detatched 2 car garage/work shop I fondly named The Swamp
>
> Its half insulated... and has a wood burning stove. Hers where I need
> advice. I got into a exchange of opinions with the family back in
> Shitcago... they say I am going to blow myself up with a wood burning
> stove in the same garage as my 4x4 Dak. My thinking was that the
> gasoline is (fairly) safe, being contained in the trucks gas tank with
> the cap on nice and tight. To my knowledge - and I was just under the
> truck the other day - there are no leaks in the tank. Its 2/4 full.

FWIW, YMMV and use at own risk ;)

1st, I used to work on gasoline tankers for Shell and Gulf
and know from experience (w/ a mine safety explosion meter)
what conditions it takes to get any garage into an explosive
saturation situation (35%) and you will basicly be almost
puking from the smell before it happens.

as far as a fire hazzard:

the stove would have to be close enough to burn the paint
off the body. (not!)

or

the car/truck is leaking enough gas to cause the
fumes to blow up. (not!)

and

keeping the gas tank full will also stop any explosion.

we could weld, torch and cut on a tanker as long as it
was full of gas.

--

emails with attachments are deleted, only plain text email is accepted Update: ken@kencofish.com is the new email address.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642 Importer/Exporter of Goldfish,Koi,rare Predators Shipping to legal states/countries only! Permalon liners, Oase & Supreme Pondmaster pumps

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.